It's said you don’t truly know someone it'll you’ve walked in their shoes. But imagine if you could...
In My Shoes is a virtual reality computer simulation platform designed to build empathy on an array of disorders & diseases by experiencing the another's world for a brief moment in time. You'll see the world as they do and internalize how they feel.
Our flagship title: In My Shoes (Part 1) is designed to educate about Severe Depression, Anxiety Disorders & PTSD. It's been in development for over 16 months & vetted in an intense startup incubator program jointly ran by multiple Philadelphia universities. It can be played with advanced immersion technologies such as the Oculus Rift and Leap Motion, bringing a level of realism books and film never could.
If your a university student, educator or working professional with a high likelihood of working with these individuals, then IMS is the perfect tool to learn from.
Modern Learning Approach
Society has advanced technologically, so why hasn't our education? In My Shoes is designed to be readably accessible on multiple devices from iPad (beta) to desktop, providing a seamless education on the devices we use most.
- Linux, Windows, OSX & Online supported
- Leap Motion enabled
- Razer Hydra (in beta development)
IMS is designed to be accessible to all, regardless of your technical background.
- Play entirely online ((optional), no need to fiddle with confusing installations or updates.
- Legacy support for any previous version, should you choose to use our installer.
- Tested on a wide demographic to bring you perfect usability.
Bio-feedback Game Mechanic
Internalize how it feels to have severe depression or a medication side-effect in a matter of minutes, thus truly being able to relate to those that feel this continuously; such as:
- Blurred vision
- Slowed reaction time
- Difficulty controlling anger
- Difficulty making low importance choices
Mental Status Metrics System
Analyzed gameplay based on choices made, to output your most likely mood (alpha). More effective for parents wishing to check-in on their children’s mental state than asking an often uncomfortable question.
- XML export of choices made in-simulation
- Gameplay length, location and interactions marked
- Psychological estimation of the users current mood based on scientifically tested tools and methoidgly